Friday, February 20, 2009

Facebook for Parents

This is a great article from the "New York Times" about parents understanding kids using Facebook:

I went to pick up my dog from his haircut last week and the groomer took me aside for “an important question.” I was expecting him to ask what the heck Riley had been rolling in lately, or why I thought the pooch was compulsively licking his paws, but what Joey had on his mind was Facebook. His children are in elementary school, and he has twins on the way, so he is thinking he’d better start figuring this mystery out now.I’d written about it on my blog, he said. What advice did I have? (I told him that by the time his kids were old enough to use Facebook there would be something new for him to worry about.)

The next day I got an e-mail message from the local PTA. Would I mind teaching a class at the upcoming community education night about “Parents on Facebook”? (Sure, I said, but shouldn’t my children be teaching it instead?)

Read the remainder of this article in the New York Times:

http://parenting.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/02/20/facebook-for-parents/?ref=technology

No comments: